Anita Perkins is a Consultant from Wellington
I'm a Wellington based freelancer offering writing, research and policy consulting services. I have a PhD in German and expertise in environment, international relations and culture. I've worked in different government policy roles in Wellington including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and the Ministry for the Environment.
When I'm working with clients I use my analytical and research skills to turn complex problems into valuable solutions. I'm the one who can do the thinking,
talk to the right people, get the right information, and turn it into what you need to get the job done, or to communicate to your target audience.
Skills I offer clients:
• Qualitative research and writing in a variety of modes including policy, academic, web content and creative
• Extensive experience in government processes and procedures, including international negotiations
• Stakeholder engagement and work combining the views of multiple government departments
• Translating complex technical information so it is understandable
• Identifying strategic elements of a piece of work and putting together an approach and action plan
• Coaching and delivering workshops to assist colleagues with professional development
Recent projects I've worked on include: working for DOC on a public discussion document on protecting indigenous biodiversity; carrying out an independent review of the healthcare organisation Activity and Nutrition Aotearoa; writing case studies to help form the basis of an aboriginal land negotiation; and, drafting blog post articles for organisations on travel in Nepal, the gender pay gap and Asia-New Zealand geopolitics.
I'm particularly motivated to work on projects which enable positive social or environmental outcomes.
I'm always happy to have an obligation-free chat, skype or coffee about what your needs might be and how I might help you.